The Cochrane Temiskaming Children’s Treatment Centre (CT CTC) is a bilingual, not-for-profit organization, funded by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services. We provide specialized programs and services, outpatient clinical treatment, and support to children from birth to 19 and up to 21 years of age (if attending a Ministry of Education sanctioned program) and their families/support systems.
The Cochrane Temiskaming Children’s Treatment Centre was established in 1979 as a non-profit organization with charitable status and has grown from a starting staff of 3 to now 30 employees.
Our vision is one where “children and youth of all abilities will access opportunities, develop their potential and participate in their community”.
- Staff relationships with families and children are based on trust.
- Staff and families both come from diverse backgrounds and hold a multitude of beliefs.
- Mutual appreciation and respect is fostered between staff and families.
- The Centre ensures that staff members attend pertinent continuing education, as well as makes available current literature.
- The Centre encourages staff to participate in research.
- Teamwork, both within the Centre and in the community, is supported by the Centre.
- The Centre applies standards and performance measurement in appropriate aspects of operations.
- Children are seen as early as possible (early intervention).
- The Centre works towards a strong collaboration with families.
- The Centre supports families and children in times of crisis.
- Collaborates with community agencies.
- Provides culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
- Provides services that are efficient, equitable and accessible to families.
- Shares resources when it is of benefit to families and children.
Our professionals are regulated by provincial bodies that serve and protect the public interest and govern its members. To learn more, please visit :
Children and youth of all abilities will access opportunities, develop their potential and participate in their community.
The Cochrane Temiskaming Children’s Treatment Centre (CT CTC) is committed to providing quality rehabilitation and other supportive services to Children and their Families in the Districts of Cochrane, Temiskaming and other geographical areas as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors.