The Cochrane Temiskaming Children’s Treatment Centre is accepting applications for :
TWO (2) THERAPY ASSISTANTS for the Moosonee, Moose Factory and James Bay area
(may be based in Moosonee or Moose Factory)
15-30 hrs per week based on service need
Within a family-centered approach to working with families, the Cochrane Temiskaming Children’s Treatment Centre provides rehabilitation and related support services for children and youth living in the Districts of Cochrane and Temiskaming and the James Bay area .
The Therapy Assistant assists in the provision of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech-language therapy services and supports, as required, therapeutic recreation and social work services at CT CTC. The Therapy Assistant provides direct intervention, implements assigned therapy interventions and supports group activities as developed by assigned therapists.
The Therapy Assistant is part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, a Social Worker/Child Family Clinician, Recreational Therapists.
- Post-secondary diploma in OTA/PTA/CDA-asset
- 3 years experience working with children with special needs and a related post secondary diploma in child development will be considered
- Pediatric experience – asset
- Valid Ontario driver’s license – essential
- Superior proficiency in English (written and verbal) – essential
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset but not a requirement
- Clear Vulnerable Persons Screening
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or a medical exemption: Any offer of employment will be conditional on the successful candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated or showing proof of a medical exemption.
- Excellent compensation package
- Travel within James Bay catchment area
To apply and for more information, please contact email@example.com. Positions open until filled.
CT CTC follows the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity. If you have accessibility or other requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org