Safety and wellness is a team effort!
YOU are an important member of the team!
Think Safe…Communicate – Ask if you don’t understand
- Make sure Centre staff involved in your child’s services have important health information.
- If you don’t understand some part of your child’s condition or treatment, ask your therapist to explain why things are being done the way they are. If you still have concerns, don’t hesitate to ask again.
Know your CT CTC Team
- If you are not sure who one of your service providers is, or what their role is, please ask.
- Centre staff are trained in First Aid and CPR and there are First Aid Stations in the building.
- Fire and emergency preparedness drills occur regularly.
Help Keep us All Safe
- Call your service provider if you or your child is ill.
- Always remember to wash or sanitize your hands.
- Cough and sneeze in your shoulder or sleeve – not into your hands.
- Do not smoke on Centre property/Do not smoke while Centre staff are in your home.
- Keep animals under control while Centre staff are in your home.
- Make sure that there is a clean and safe area in your home when Centre staff visit.
Scent free environment
Staff and other families or children at the Centre may be sensitive to perfumes and strong scents. Please refrain from wearing these when you attend your child’s appointments.
Directly inform each staff member that you are involved with about any allergies that your child may have. If your child requires an EpiPen, please ensure that you have one with you when attending appointments. Please avoid bringing any food items containing nuts or latex to the Centre.
Ensure Centre staff are aware of the name and any possible side effects of any medication your child is taking. If medication is to be given to teachers or daycare staff, please ensure medication is in its original, child-proof, labeled containers. Please follow any medication policy the Centre may have.
Know your Child’s Equipment
- Make sure your child’s equipment is kept clean and in good working order.
- Ask your child’s occupational therapist or physiotherapist to check that your equipment is safe.
- Use equipment only as directed.
Help Prevent Falls
- Help keep hallways free of clutter and obstacles.
- Report any tripping hazards both inside and outside the building.
- Always watch your children in our waiting room or therapy areas.
- Make sure your children are wearing appropriate footwear, and be cautious of slippery floors during poor weather.
- Encourage all children to walk, not run in our building.
STOP and Clean your Hands
- Keeping your hands clean is the best way of preventing the spread of germs.
- Use the hand sanitizers in the front lobby upon entering the building.
- Wash your hands after handling any type of soiled material or using the bathroom.
- CT CTC staff are committed to sanitizing their hands prior to and after working with your child.
- Therapy equipment and surfaces used are cleaned and maintained to ensure everyone’s wellness/safety.
Help Prevent the Spread of Infections
If you or your child is sick, please contact us to cancel your child’s appointment. Please let us know if your child has contracted a communicable illness (e.g., chicken pox, influenza, strep throat). Getting the flu shot is a good way of reducing the risk of illness due to the influenza virus. Ask your doctor.